Wednesday 25 May 2011

(interactive space) website - menu ideas


Menu ideas
My initial idea was not to use the normal spray menu or side bar menu as I thought that most of the class would be doing that so I thought I would do something different and use an image map.
First menu idea:
This is the first idea I had when I was thinking of having a dark theme to my portfolio. Now I didn’t finish it as I was going to put home, c.v etc. in the image and make a like but I decided I didn’t like the idea at all so stopped and started again.
this was going to be either a replacement for the cypia tone one or when the mouse rolled over it would change, but like I said I didn’t like it as soon as I made it pretty much.







This Is the original image of the picture I decide to use in the end.



 What I did was to it I cropped it to an appropeaite size to fit nicely my website page and put it into greyscale to give an extra feel and to fit in with my light theme. As you can see the image look fairly different and highlights some attribute of the picture in my opinion and added the buttons in Photoshopcs5. I originally tried to keep the fire (FlashPaper) in its original colour but for some reason it wouldn’t let me I asked other Photoshop users and went on to help website, but in the end I’m quite happy how it turned out.








Although the menu on the first page does look a tad different as I added a brief describtion to the side explaining the the website.
As I was writing this paragraph I tried different fonts and colours and this is what ib liked the best.
Also as you can see the text is at a slant which I thought It adds a bit of character as I thought having it straight would just make it seem slightly boring and uniteresting.

No comments:

Post a Comment